November 7, 2010

Could it be?

I'm not afraid to admit it... I'm not a fan of Anne Hathaway. However, I will say that I somehow stumbled upon this photo of her and thought it was just beautiful.



As I am reflecting on her, and see her photo under the header "Belle Laide," it dawns on me. I realize that the reason I don't find her particularly attractive is because she doesn't have any flaws. I don't mean to say that she is "flawless" in the typical sense of the word, but there isn't anything about her that I find intriguing. She is just very ordinary to me. There isn't anything in her personality or appearance that draws me in and makes me want to know more about her. The reason I started this blog was to comment on people and the things in life that aren't necessarily beautiful by definition, but have flaws and quirks that actually make them beautiful and relatable. Obviously, I don't know her and perhaps if I did my perception of her would change, and I would find a genuine personality in there. But for the time being, I can't change the way I feel about her.

Oddly enough, the reason I decided to make this post was to comment on how much I like this picture of her, and give her props rather than rag on her like I usually do, but oh well. I guess I know now that just because she is able to take a beautiful picture doesn't mean that I will be hopping on the Anne Hathaway Bandwagon anytime soon.

You can check out the other photos from the November issue of Vogue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment