February 23, 2009

The Cougar

Now this is not really based on any research that I have personally done, but from what I've been told men typically are in their sexual peak around 18-22, whereas women typically reach their sexual peak around age 35. I guess this is supposed to explain the attraction between young men and the older woman who society has now dubbed "the cougar." This pair consists of men and women in their respective sexual peaks so if this young man manages to pounce on a cougar, then the sex between two people in their sexual peaks should result in amazing sex, yes?

Alright, so I did a little brief research (which consisted of clicking on the first link in my google search) and found this:
The sex drive statistics regarding the “peak in women” come from Alfred Kinsey, Ph.D., the famous sexuality researcher who learned that women had more sexual outlets and more orgasms in their thirties than at any other time in their lives. This may be due to many reasons, including the fact that women in their thirties have become more comfortable with their bodies and with their body responses. Their orgasms become more reliable. They often have more self-confidence, and are more comfortable with their sexuality. They have a good sense of their needs, and are willing to communicate their needs more clearly and completely. Since they are familiar with their body responses, they can describe what they want to their partner more easily.
I just turned 22 a few weeks ago, and was feeling pretty down about having nothing really to look forward to about getting older, but I must say this is making accepting "old age" much easier. Dare I say I'm actually looking forward to it. I guess all that's left to say is...



"...here's to you Mrs. Robinson"

1 comment: